Monday, March 8, 2010

The Hurt Locker

2/8/10 Two book bags and two fleece blankets, given away

I've got to figure out a way to further take advantage of my work setting for intensive downsizing. Every day I work in an environment with fifty adults and over 400 children. Between wants and needs, this is pure Downsize Land.

Today I pawned off two fleece blankets and two book bags on teachers. The book bags were actually a very worthwhile give-away, since I asked around until I found teachers (one in kindergarten, the other in fourth) who had students who needed book bags. It's a sorry sight when a child heads home after school with a fist-full of papers since he doesn't own a bag to carry them in.

I'm actually going to look around for more old book bags, since there are always children at school would could use them, and downsizing in that way gives me a happy glow.

I've also got to figure out what else around here can be easily downsized to teachers and children (Other than the cats, which I know most of my colleagues and ALL of the kids would accept in a heartbeat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment