Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rearranging the deck chairs


3/16/10 Bizarre, dust-covered Christmas mouse ornament, trashed

I've longed complained on this blog about our basement and the seemingly endless amount of stuff down there.

Tonight I clearly identified the basement clutter cornerstone. And side stone, and wall stone, and floor stone...

Christmas stuff. Fourteen large containers of Christmas stuff. Plus some other small bags and boxes.

Hey, I enjoy Christmas as much as the next atheist, but this seems a bit out of control. My problem-solving approach was to bring all of the boxes up into our living room so that we'd be forced to deal with them. When Joanna came down from putting the baby to bed and saw the impromptu holiday bulwark, she let out a little gasp.

And then she said, "Amanda and I have already gone through the Christmas stuff once!" Well, it's time for go-round number two. Soon.

As for tonight, getting the stuff up here was enough of an accomplishment, even if the only thing actually downsized was a weird little mouse that I found encased in dust, jammed between two of the boxes.

Hey, it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment