Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just plain tired

3/25/10 Single tire, given away

Remember yesterday's tire-switch on Joanna's car?

Here's the rest of the story: while I went in to simply have the tires swapped and the oil changed -- about a $50 job -- I ended up needing to buy four new tires and get a break job. Grand total: $712. It's always a treat when having your car serviced costs ten times what you thought it would.

It's also a treat when you get home after dropping the better part of a grand, open your trunk to take out the snow tires, and discover that the shop has left one of the "useless" old tires in there, as well. I suppose it was the one with a little bit of tread left. Maybe in my pre-downsize days I might have considered holding onto it. Now? No way.

So, with too much already on my plate for the day, I stopped at the shop to drop it back off this morning. Since they weren't open, I left a nice little note saying that I had no use for the tire and expected they could take care of it for me.

"Give me a call if I need to pay a disposal fee," I wrote.

Let me assure you that I would NOT have been happy if I had actually received a call.

Seventeen and a half hours after dropping off the tire and beginning my work day, I am about ready to go to bed. I did take about two hours off to hold the baby and eat one of Joanna's delicious dinners, but other than that it's been all work. I have to lead three separate workshops tomorrow during our school inservice, and I'm still not completely ready. But, at this point, a few hours of sleep may be more important to my success than any more planning.

For the record, even though I'm posting this after midnight on March 26, it totally counts as "on time" for March 25, since I haven't gone to bed yet...

Yep, "tire" pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment