Monday, March 22, 2010

The love of a good woman

3/22/10 Random Christmas junk, trashed

I love my wife. Here's just one small reason why:

I left at 6:45 AM this morning and dragged myself back home at 7:30 PM.

When I arrived, Joanna was caring for Chase, as she had been doing, all on her own, all day long.

Dinner was ready and warm on the stove.

And a pile of Christmas stuff that Joanna had sorted through was waiting for me to toss into the trash. She did the work, I take the credit.

Ah, Chase, do you know how lucky you are to have this woman as your mother?

2 comments:

  1. Christmas junk? Those look like angels and cherubs to me...isn't there some sort of religious decommissioning ceremony that we have to go through? Something with anointing and ashes and what not? I'll check with the Bishop. In the meantime, tell your wife that we all love her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, we never stand on ceremony here at the Dyer-Payne household. (Oh, if that were only true.)
    Second, every angel and cherub had a significant defect, thus rendering them unworthy of their order.
    Third, don't listen to the Bishop -- that guy has issues.
    Finally, message to wife has been dutifully delivered. She appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete