Monday, November 9, 2009

Flight of fancy

11/9/09 Seven Star Wars action figures, sold on eBay for $19.85

Goodbye, Old Friends!

Alas, Luke, Leia, Lando, C-3PO and three Bespin Security Guards have flown off to the Netherlands. (Hey, I hear it's a lot nicer than Hoth.)

As a new eBayer (that's insider speak for someone who sells stuff on eBay. I'm on the inside now, you know) it was quite a thrill to make my first international sale. And, not only did Nederlander Rick buy from me, he actually bought two different sets of action figures within three days.

Interestingly, all of the figures he bought were from the Bespin/Cloud City sequence in The Empire Strikes Back. A focused collector -- I like that. To thank him for his purchase, I threw in an old Star Wars trading card that featured Luke hanging from beneath Cloud City after having his hand cut off by his father. Luke was having a bad day.

For the record, I'm not even counting that trading card in the Downsizing Challenge, although I'll probably find out someday that it was worth more than my car.

Regardless, to ensure that his friends get safely across the Atlantic, Han offered to lend the Millennium Falcon to Lando. Lando promised he'd return it without a scratch.

I sure hope so. I'm not ready to give that up, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment