Friday, November 20, 2009

Game on!

11/20/09 Game of Pacardy, given away

As the holidays descend upon public schools, a spirit of giving pervades the air. Don't let it be said that teachers aren't a giving lot.

Our Parent/Teacher Organization has organized a number of "Family" baskets to be raffled off, with the proceeds to benefit the school. Teachers were encouraged to donate items for the baskets, each of which had a theme. Ah, a chance to downsize!

For quite some time, I've been eyeing a cardboard box in our basement labeled Games. Given that one of the baskets at school was for "Family Night," it seemed a game would make a perfect donation.

I pulled the box off the shelf, shoveled off three inches of dust, and opened it up. Inside were games that ranged from the classic (Trivial Pursuit!) to the sublime (Trivial Pursuit - Star Wars Edition!).

There was also a game called Pacardy that was distinct in 3 ways:

1) I have never played this game.

2) I have never even heard of this game.

3) The game had never been opened.

Yep, it was still sealed in the original box. How perfect is this?!? I didn't even need to feel guilty about donating a used game -- it doesn't even count as used.

Somehow, I don't think I'll even miss having that Pacardy game around. After all, I've still got Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment