Thursday, May 6, 2010

Desk job

5/6/10 Bag of desk items, trashed; Bag of desk items, recycled

Big project tonight, but it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be. I tackled my desk, vowing to remove EVERYTHING from it.

I set out two boxes, a trash can, and a paper bag and determined that every item from the desk could go in one of the four containers.

The first box was for things I wanted to keep. The goal here was not to get them organized, but just to get all the things I wanted to hold on to in one place.

The second box was for items that I no longer wanted, but could be sold or given away. Again, anything I thought would have value to somebody went into the box. I figured I'd worry about sorting through it later.

The trash can was for... well, you've figured that out.

And the recycle bag was for those things that I, nor anyone else, had any need to keep, but could be recycled because they were paper or plastic.

In less than an hour I had the desk cleared and everything in one of the containers.

Fifteen minutes after that, I posted an ad on craigslist trying to sell the desk, itself. (If you're reading this within a few days of posting, you can probably check out the craigslist posting here.)

Yep, things are happening fast around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment