Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fast & Furious


5/22/10 Two dressers, chair, rug, lamp, two mirrors, baskets, a bunch of other stuff, and the fabled pull-out couch, given away

Nonstop downsizing today.

Aunt Karen and Uncle Ashley arrive this morning to pick up a dresser, chair, and rug. In the afternoon, Amanda drove up in her U-Haul (yeah, she always drives a U-Haul) and took her canopy bed frame, her share of the family crystal, and a bunch o' other stuff.

In between, my moving director Frank (as if that's his real name), managed to pawn off almost everything else we own on various other criagslisters who stopped by.

Most significantly, I parted ways with, arguably, the most meaningful piece of furniture I own. My hide-a-bed sofa -- the infamous Pull-Out -- has been relinquished. With all apologies to my college roomies Carl, Jeff, and Jorge, it was time to let the pull-out go.

And, amid all of the giving away, Frank continued his artistry in the POD. The way he's got that thing packed, we need more stuff. I need to stop giving stuff away...

No comments:

Post a Comment