Thursday, May 20, 2010

Books Bag


5/20/10 Two dozen children's books, given away; Backpack and sleeping bag, donated to Boy Scouts

Needed quick, easy downsizes today, so naturally I headed to school.

I put out two piles of children's books during lunch and they were quickly scooped up.

Then, took Joanna's old backpack and my old sleeping bag up to our librarian, who is active with the local Boy Scout troop. (You may remember my earlier donation from last September.) Doreen gladly accepted the equipment and we both vowed to remain mum on the fact that the pack is designed for women. Those guys will never know.

I'm now home, on this Thrusday night, preparing for an action-packed weekend in which I am going to attempt to cram everything that is remaining in this house into a 16'x8'x8' PODS storage container. This is such a monumental task that I've taken a personal day tomorrow to get a jump start on it.

If we end up NOT being able to fit everything into the POD, I'll be kicking myself for not getting rid of more stuff at school today.

After all, you can never give too much of yourself to your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment