Saturday, May 8, 2010

Red Sox Nation

5/8/10 Red Sox PEZ Dispenser, given away

When I've told people that I'm moving to Denver, one question I've been asked many times is "Are you going to change your sports allegiances?"

What a ridiculous question.

Dear Readers, I lived in New Jersey & New York for thirteen years and came back a BIGGER Celtics, Patriots, and Bruins fan. Denver's certainly not going to change that.

However, no matter how strongly Boston blood flows through my veins, I'm willing to admit that my friend and fellow Literacy Coach Jenn Felt is an even prouder member of Red Sox Nation. She's also a tremendously generous member of The Nation.

When she got four tickets to today's Sox/Yanks game, she offered two to me. This is my kind of woman. I invited my Dad along -- Joanna and Mom hung out with Chase at her sister's apartment in Charlestown -- and we had a grand time of it. (Don't ask about the final score or the rain delay or my soaked jeans.) We were at Fenway; all is good.

Wanting the transaction to be equal, I accepted the tickets from Jenn and gave her a Red Sox PEZ dispenser in return.

No, it wasn't exactly a fair swap, but Jenn accepted it with a smile.

Hey, to be a Red Sox fan, you've got to be able to take setbacks with a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment