Monday, May 24, 2010

Go-To Folks

5/24/10 Mattress & box spring, given away; ladder & bicycle, returned

Without my parents, I'm not so sure I could make it through the Downsizing Challenge. Between returning stuff to them that I borrowed long ago, pawning off unwanted items, and actually giving them useful stuff, it seems that they've been involved in about one out of every three downsizes.

This evening was a biggie, as we race to get completely out of this house before Friday. I hitched up the trusty ol' trailer to the trusty ol' Yoda Mobile and loaded 'em up. A bed in the trailer, a ladder on the roof, and a whole bunch of random stuff, including a bike, in the car. All of this took two hours longer than planned -- gotta get those ropes tied properly -- so I rolled into Winthrop at nine and didn't get home until eleven o'clock.

The weariness I feel is well worth it, however, as the house looks more and more ready for the sale. (Read: it looks more and more empty.)

And, if I look around Thursday and it's not empty enough, guess who I'm going to call to come get some stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment