Friday, May 14, 2010

Paint the town

5/14/10 Remaining drops of latex paint, consumed

Tonight's downsize is a great example of why it's a good idea to hold onto stuff.

If that sounds oxymoronic, it is.

In a desperate attempt to get rid of a whole lot of stuff fast, we are having an impromptu MOVING SALE this Sunday. Dear Readers, if you are in the area of 34 Lukes Rd., Casco, I implore you to come by the sale. This is perhaps your finest opportunity to get into the blog. Immortality could be yours!

I decided I better put up a few signs, lest we throw a party and nobody comes. (Sounds like a flashback to my childhood, but let's not dwell on that...)

I had plenty of scrap lumber in desperate need of use, so I ventured into the Dreaded Basement to find some old paint.

And there it was: a gallon of old white paint that was sitting right there when we moved into the house seven years ago. Over the years, I had used most of it for various little projects here and there, leaving only about a quarter inch of skim on the bottom. Naturally, I saved it.

Foolish, you say? Not so fast. That little bit of paint was the precise amount I needed this evening as I made my signs. The can is ready to be recycled, I have the warm glow of not wasting a drop, and my signage is ready to summon the masses.

Bring on the buyers!

No comments:

Post a Comment