Saturday, May 29, 2010

Selling in a bull market

5/29/10 Ten CDs, sold at Bull Moose Music for $5.13

Took what is likely my final trip to Bull Moose Music today. I believe it's my third downsize of CDs there, so I have to say the store has been good to me. Plus, I downloaded all the music to my hard drive, so I get to continue to listen to it without the clutter of discs.

Two quick notes:

1) Yes, that is Van Halen's classic album 5150 on top. (Dear VH Purists, I'm sorry if the addition of Sammy Hagar offended you, but personally I think it gave the band the shot in the arm it needed.) Here's a funny little coincidence: yesterday I took a bag full of rolled coins to the bank to deposit. The amount? $51.50. Coincidence? I think not.

2) It is especially easy for me to part with these CDs since all of the CD-playing technology in my life seems to have gone defunct. The $1,000 Bose DVD/Stereo system I have has been working sporadically for almost a year. It's absolutely impossible to watch a DVD or listen to a CD all the way through without it skipping and freezing up at least once. Guess you get what you pay for. Similarly, about four months ago, my six-disc car CD player fritzed out seizing all of the CDs that were in it. No matter what I did, it wouldn't play or eject them. Then, about three weeks ago, I started the car, the player sprang to life, and started to spit CDs out like lottery tickets. Having rescued those discs, I won't be risking it again by inserting any more.

These are just little examples of the world conspiring to make downsizing easier and more urgent. I'm listening to the signs. Are you?

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love what you have done, I'm getting inspiration. You must feel so light now. Good on you. Cheers from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Downsizing comment from Down Under! How wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to write. I hope the inspiration continues for you -- let me know how it goes! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete