Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pawned off

5/13/10 Television, sold for $10

Ever since I began the Downsizing Challenge, I've been dying to sell something at the pawn shop. I actually tried to sell them our food processor earlier in the year, but they wouldn't take it.

Today, I had an offer they couldn't refuse.

When I walked in with the T.V., the first thing the guy said was, "Ah, I don't really need another T.V."

"Oh, yes you do!" I said. "Price it cheap, sell it quick."

"What do you want for it?" he asked.

"Make me an offer," I replied, "And I bet I won't refuse it."

I had a tense moment when he plugged it in and pushed the power button. The T.V. has always worked fine, but sometimes it takes four or five pushes of the power button to kick it to life. The Pawn Gods were smiling on me, since it jumped to life with the first push.

I walked out with $10 in my pocket (five dollars more than I would have happily accepted) and the warm satisfaction of another goal accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment