Friday, September 4, 2009

Project Time


9/4/09 Can of high heat spray paint, consumed

There are 429,358 reasons why it sucks when Joanna is away. There are only 2 semi-positives.

Positive #1: Bird and I can watch whatever movie we want. We're currently weighing the strengths of Alien 4 vs. From Dusk Till Dawn. Nearly impossible choice, I know.

Positive #2: I become a project maniac when Joanna's gone. Seriously, I get A LOT done. Tomorrow, I may build a garage.

When we moved into our house, there was an old, rusty Franklin stone sitting on our deck. I cleaned it up, and for a brief period it actually served as the world's heaviest candle holder in our house. I thought it was pretty cool, but 400 pounds of scrap iron in the living room tends to get in the way. We eventually lugged it pool-side - yes, we have a pool; yes, we are incredibly rich - where it has served as our chimenea (although we never had Oscar to help us tend it). Of course, years outside has turned this classic, antique symbol of Americana into a rusty eyesore.

I've had a random can of black high-heat stove paint in the basement for years. I bought it so long ago that I don't even know what I bought it for. But, for the last year or so, I've continually said to myself, "I should repaint that dang stove." Just sayin' the same thing over and over. Not doing anything about it, just talkin' to myself.

However, today two irresistible forces coincided: Joanna headed down to Beantown to visit her sister (thus leaving me with PROJECT TIME) and I had to Downsize something, fast.

Goodbye, black spray paint. Hello, finely painted chimenea.

I can't wait until Joanna returns on Sunday.

But...

...in the meantime...

...Alien 4, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment