Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sub-scribing, part one

9/6/09 Forty-four magazines (mostly Sports Illustrated), recycled

This will not be the last time I write about Sports Illustrated. I've been a subscriber for over twenty years. The magazine is weekly, so a rough estimation would be that I've received 1,144 issues. Considering that number, I'm pretty proud of how (relatively) few of them I've got stashed away.

A few years ago, I gave up my usually habit of saving all issues. It was part of our prenuptual agreement. Since then, I've only held onto certain special issues and magazines with big Boston sports moment on the cover. That means that I've got quite a few, since the ol' hometown teams have been doing pretty well recently:

Patriots in 2002!

Patriots in 2004!

Red Sox in 2004!

Patriots in 2005!

Red Sox in 2007!

Celtics in 2008!

Bruins in... oh, yeah, we're still waiting.

While holding onto issues that celebrate those sweet moments is completely logical, I realized that there were some magazines that could be culled. I pulled out the boxes where I store back issues and went through them. The result: 44 magazines downsized via the recycling bin.

The two boxes of magazines I have left? Stay posted... I have plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment