Wednesday, September 16, 2009

There's gold in them thar pens!

9/16/09 Cross pen and mechanical pencil set, sold on eBay for $27.99

Well, eBay came through in a big way today. Remember that post about how I found giving pens as a gift a rather antiquated practice? Well, I can see that there's still a market for fine writing tools. Today I sold a Cross pen and mechanical pencil set - gold filled! - on eBay for $27.99.

Wow.

To be honest, I have no idea what a comparable pen set would cost or how much whoever gave it to me (I betting it was a high school graduation gift from my grandparents, but I can't be sure) possibly paid. But, I'm perfectly happy to mail it off to a new owner for a cent shy of twenty-eight bucks.

Actually, I hope it's worth four times that much and the buyer got a real steal. Interestingly, that buyer lives in Clifton, NJ, where I spent two years after college. I did a living/working tour of northern Jersey from 1994-1999: Paterson, Clifton, Union, Union City, Palisades Park, Newark. The Garden State takes a lot of crap, but anyone living there gets props from me.

They get props. And a pen.

1 comment:

  1. There you go---money toward your new hiking boots. :o)

    ReplyDelete