Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let the playoffs begin!

10/8/09 Sports Illustrated magazine, sent to Boston

Boston sports are one of the loves of my life. Definitely behind Joanna in the hierarchy, but a true love, nonetheless.

Tonight the Red Sox begin their bid for their third World Series championship in six years. I surely love that.

As usual, the Sox are playing the Angels, which means that the first two games BEGIN after 9:30 PM. Give me a break! Major League Baseball complains that it's fan base is getting older and more corporate. And then they start the games at ridiculously late hours. Pathetic.

The Red Sox play shall not be pathetic, however, and I will fight through exhaustion to watch the whole game. (I was feeling the exhaustion at 5PM tonight, so it might get pretty interesting around 11.)

The "Go Sox" sign is on top of the T.V. (courtesy of sis-in-law Amanda). The alternate home jersey is on my back (courtesy of Joanna). The Sox tie (courtesy of me) was around my neck all day at school.

And, another Sports Illustrated has departed in the mail. This one shows Jonathan Papelbon jumping in euphoria after the final out of the 2007 championship. My fingers are crossed that he'll deliver it back, signed.

Hopefully, later tonight, he'll also deliver a save in Game 1.

Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment