Monday, October 26, 2009

Two of a kind

10/26/09 Comfy chair, sold on craigslist for $30

Today, we sold the other chair. The first one was downsized last week, as chronicled here. This one was probably in a little better shape. While the first chair lived by the front door and was Trane's primary lookout spot, this one sat in our upstairs loft, and was only used by Bird. Since we kept it covered with an old Winnie the Pooh sleeping bag (should I downsize that?), it didn't get quite as covered with kitty hair and had slightly less cat-scratch damage on the arms.

I love it when an entire family comes to get an item, as happened tonight. Rebecca arrived in the minivan with her three kids. Her husband followed right behind in his plumbing van. I was already partial to this family since Rebecca had commented on my Star Wars-themed email address. And when I pointed out the cat scratches on the chair, she turned to her young daughter and asked her if she thought their cat would enjoy scratching it, too.

Yep, these folks were right up my alley.

We had a pleasant conversation about children -- a topic I bring up a lot now that I have one on the way -- and then they were off. And so was the blue comfy chair, to a new, loving home.

By the way, Rebecca, if you are reading this: The throw-pillow pictured below was supposed to be part of the deal. Let me know if you want it and we'll figure out a way to get it to you. Enjoy the chair!


2 comments:

  1. Child- and pet-seasoned furniture results from a loving home where balanced learning is never directed by raised voice or hand. FC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some seriously deep philosophy, with which I totally agree. (Until I need to start screaming at my kid.) Is that an original FC proverb?

    ReplyDelete