Monday, July 12, 2010

Don't put the baby in a dog crate, and other advice...

7/12/10 (Bad) parenting books, given away

The last person who should be giving parenting advice is me. Less than six months into the gig, and it's pretty obvious I'm just making it up as I go along.

While Joanna has been reading such tomes as Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and The Happiest Baby on the Block, I've taken a slightly different tack.

My last two self-help reference texts were Fatherhood is Not for Sissies (hey, that's totally true) and Safe Baby Handling Tips. I am now very clear about the fact that you should not wake baby using an air horn.

Having now absorbed all this fine advice, I decided to hand it off to my great friend Jason, who has a brand new baby of his own. Jason doesn't need the help with fatherhood, but I also know he could use a little cheer, so I mailed the books off to him today.

I don't do enough for my buddies, but every once in a while I do like to pass along a little bad advice.

That's just the kind of friend I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment