Thursday, July 29, 2010

Photo Op(ortunity)


7/29/10 Photographs, given away

My new job presents a tremendous opportunity, and Colorado is proving to be a place I could easily fall in love with.

But, let's be very clear about this: We absolutely would NOT have moved to Denver if it wasn't for my great friend -- and brother in everything except blood -- Marc.

I was roommates with Marc for five years and then lived near him in New York for another four. So, the last seven years in Maine have represented a time of buddy withdrawal. The chance to relocate a few blocks away from him was too good to pass up.

And so, I saved an appropriate downsize for the day before the day before the Challenge ends. This marks the last time during this year of culling that I shall get rid of pictures. Always an emotional and difficult downsize, but made easier when you get to laugh at your best friend.

The photographic evidence suggests that Marc has spent most of our friendship sleeping, often with his hand down his pants.

I guess we get along because we have common interests.

He and his wife got a few good laughs this afternoon as I handed over the pictures, and I kept enough to ensure I can always get a chuckle when I need it.

Then, this evening, Joanna, Chase, and I took an evening stroll around the neighborhood. Eventually, we ended up walking by Marc & Gianna's home and, before you could say "Welcome to Mayberry," I was helping Marc mow the lawn and their kids were playing with Chase.

Who needs pictures? Whenever I want to see my best friend, I can just walk down the street.

3 comments:

  1. So is there going to be some sort of grand finale? Or will this challenge continue? Giddy with anticipation of tomorrow's post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judicious editing might save some people (only me?) from possibly thinking that a common interest is having your hands down Marc's pants. Or perhaps you are testing your loyal readers' attentiveness.
    Looking forward to the penultimate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement. The end is here; glad I have a few special people around to read it.

    ReplyDelete