Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tea Party

7/15/10 5.3 ounces of loose leaf green tea, consumed

Joanna's the tea drinker in this family.

I have yet to experiences the situation where tea would be a better choice than either coffee or beer. However, when in Rome...

Between pregnancy, breast feeding, and a general drive towards good health, Joanna hasn't consumed caffeine in well over a year. As a stickler for waste, I took it upon myself -- on those rare occasions when I drank the King's beverage -- to consume Joanna's caffeinated stash.

Back on October 1, I pulled an unopened bag of loose green tea out of our newly organized tea drawer. I brewed myself a cup (must have been an especially slow night) and discovered, to my delight, that "green tea" is the same stuff you get in Chinese restaurants. Huh! Who knew?

It then became my mission to finish this bag of tea, one cup at a time.

Tonight, 288 days later, I sit here sipping the final cup from that bag.

Like that wise Mr. Owl in the old Tootsie Roll Pop ads, I now know how long it takes me to consume 5.3 ounces of tea. Eight and a half months.

After this epic downsize do I have a greater passion and appreciation for tea?

No, but I've sure got a hunkering for some Chinese food.

1 comment: