Monday, July 5, 2010

The Seven Year Itch

7/5/10 Bumbo baby seat, sold on craigslist for $15

Today was my wedding anniversary. Joanna and I have been married for seven wonderful years, with not a day of regret among them.

Of course, the very best thing about our marriage just came along this past January, and he hasn't let us forget it ever since.

The three of us had a delightful day, beginning with a little exploration of Downtown Denver. We had a pleasant breakfast, a brisk walk, and finished up the morning with a visit to the flagship REI store on the banks of the Platte River.

Side note: huge thanks to the staff of Guy E. Rowe Elementary School whose generous gift certificate paid for my brand new lightweight 3-person backpacking tent. Now that the Beautiful Boy seems intent on hanging around for the next eighteen years or so, I needed to upsize my camping gear.

The outdoor theme continued this afternoon as we met Milo, a friendly guy who drove in from nearby Golden to buy the Bumbo seat from us. Milo gave us some great advice for the upcoming ski season and only got me more excited for all of the wilderness adventure Colorado hold for us.

While Chase still fits in the Bumbo, he had recently been arching so much when we put him in it that he practically flipped it over, so we decided it was an appropriate downsize for this day.

Now I must reach out to one of my loyal readers, Cousin Amy, since she handed the Bumbo down to us in the first place. Amy, there's no hiding the fact that I netted fifteen cold ones from this sale. So, what should I do with the profits? Write you a check? Give it to your favorite charity? Spend it all on myself at Starbucks? I await your instruction.

Whenever possible, I also look to Amy for instructions in the area of child-rearing, since she has three fabulous children of her own. Yet another good role model in my quest to become a fantastic parent.

And, of course, the ultimate husband.

Seven years behind us, at least sixty-two to go. With Chase around, the good is only going to get better.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like putting your dear old cousin on the spot -
    I am throwing this water balloon back at you....I'll leave it up to you to determine the recipient of the bumbo windfall. Perhaps I could start Kendra's car account with that $15!? I just couldn't be happier that you are not sending the bumbo back to me! Glad that Chase got some use out of it.
    You are too kind with your praise of our parenting. We are so far from having it figured out - and are continually humbled by the curve balls that your 3 beauties send us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops - I meant that OUR beauties send us curveballs...

    ReplyDelete