Friday, April 9, 2010

Film noir

4/9/10 VHS copies of Gladiator, All the President's Men, & The Magnificent Seven, given away

Normally I would be quite peeved to have the planned sheetrock downsize fall through for a third -- yes, THIRD -- time. However, we are so flush with Grandpas around here right now that any anger I could possibly have has dissipated.

Fred and Laurent arrived this afternoon to visit Chase for the first time. Their decision to land here on a day when my planned downsize fell through (again), necessitated their involvement in the challenge.

Fortunately, Fred is a film fanatic (and alliteration fan?), so I hauled up our box of unwanted movies, and he quickly selected three that he figured would be worth a re-watch.

"Classics all," he said, then revised: "Well, maybe not Gladiator."

I could have rid myself of Airport, too, except that it didn't have closed captioning. I thought the ADA had some kick to it, but this one slipped through, and we're all the poorer for it. Laurent can't enjoy the movie and I can't get rid of it.

Nonetheless, I consider this movie-purge as a successful last-minute downsize.

Plus, now that we've officially welcomed Fred and Laurent to the Downsizing blog, we can move onto the bigger challenge: getting them into The Chase Report. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment