Sunday, April 18, 2010

Travellin' Man




4/18/10 Big bin of "Stuff", trashed

I write this sitting in Terminal C of Newark Airport. (I know, Dear Readers -- you're jealous.) I'm heading out to Denver for four days to do some work for my future school and to house-hunt. Unfortunately, this means I have left my brilliant son and beautiful bride behind, so I am already counting the hours until my return.

It also means that I'm back to "Downsizing on the Road," something I've become quite adept at over the last 261 days. (I would provide links to previous posts to prove my point, but that's too tricky to do when I'm writing the blog on my iPhone.)

You'll see over the next four days how I manage to get rid of stuff while 2,000 miles from Casco, but today's downsize was taken care of by an early-morning trip to the dump.

At some point in the last 100 days of the challenge I'll need to wax philosopic on the moral, environmental, and logistical issues of downsizing-via-trashing. Indeed as the pace picks up with our approaching move, I fear this will become a more frequent method of disposal.

For today, however, I shall accept the warm feeling of satisfaction that comes from ridding The Dreaded Basement of yet another bin of cargo.

And I shall try to ignore the sadness of temporarily downsizing myself from my own home and family for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment