Saturday, April 17, 2010

Record Store Day

4/17/10 Fifty-two CDs, sold at Bull Moose Music for $57.66; Five sets of Christmas lights and two picture frames, given away.

Time to step it up a notch. Our house, which we've had on the market for about a month, is now under contract. If all goes well with inspections, we'll be moving out in just five weeks. Oh boy, I've got a lot of downsizing to do.

Today, I did a double shot.

First, a bit of serendipity. Joanna said we needed to head to Windham on some errands, so I decided to download some of my CDs to my computer and sell the actual discs down at Bull Moose Music. No sooner had I started to download music then I heard on the radio that today was Record Store Day, an event to celebrate and support independent music stores. Cool.

Bull Moose Music is one of the truly great independent stores, and I enjoyed a live acoustic performance as the clerk scanned my CDs. The place was packed with music lovers, some of whom were actually buying vinyl records. I didn't buy anything (hey, this is a DOWNSIZING blog), but I did leave with a smile on my face and $57.66 in my pocket.

A day ago I posted a listing on craigslist for a bunch of Christmas stuff I wanted to give away. Today, Ashley emailed me, saying that she was interested in the Christmas lights to use at her wedding. That set the wheels in my head spinning, and I dug out a few picture frames I thought newlyweds might be able to put to use. Sure enough she took those, too.

Not much time left in this house or in this challenge. Going to need to double-down more often.

1 comment: