Thursday, April 1, 2010

A hole lotta clothes

4/1/10 Shirt, underwear, and socks, trashed

After yesterday's evening of desperation, I was looking forward to today, as I usher in Month #9 of the Downsizing Challenge (no foolin').

A bit of planning had me set up to complete one of the biggest, in terms of size, downsizes to date. It was also going to take me another big step towards clearing the dreaded basement. I'd lined up someone who wanted to buy several panels of sheetrock that have clogged up my basement for years. With no more significant interior renovations in the plans, I was ready to jettison them.

After school, I drove 60MPH down back roads to get home by the agreed-upon time. And then, the dude didn't show.

The best laid plans...

However, I did have a back-up plan in my back pocket. For the last several weeks, I've been paying attention to whether the clothes I put on had holes in them. Any time I wore something with a hole, I dropped it on the floor of my closet rather than in the hamper when I took it off. It's not the first time I've tossed hole-y stuff, but now I'm pretty sure I've culled out every item of torn clothing.

Left hanging by sheetrock man, I grabbed those clothes out of the closet and tossed them in the trash.

Not one stitch of clothing with a hole in it?!? I feel like I should now be on the cover of GQ.

At the very least, I bet I look better than the guy who stood me up on the sheetrock.

2 comments:

  1. An observation from many of your photos and personal experience: a new word is wanted which describes the feline necessity to center themselves with a proprietary attitude on any object as soon as it is accessibly placed.

    ReplyDelete