Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Photo Finish III

4/27/10 Photo album and most of its pictures, recycled

Repeat after me:
I do not need two dozen different pictures of an event that happened twenty years ago.

I do not need pictures of people whose names I can't remember.


I do not need pictures of someone I went on one date with.


I do not need out-of-focus, poorly composed, random pictures of places I visited when I was seventeen.


I do not need pictures of friends who are covering their faces so I cannot see who they are.


I do not need five different pictures of the same two people in the same place.


I do not need to feel guilty about downsizing pictures.


And finally:
I do not need pictures when memories are richer, more satisfying, and occupy far more valuable space.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend Susan Sontag's On Photography. Although published almost 40 years ago, still very thought provoking and, I suspect, parallels much of your thinking on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I'll need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete