Saturday, April 24, 2010

Picture the future

4/24/10 Many, many, many photographs, recycled

Spent a very enjoyable hour on the couch going through three old photo albums, which roughly covered the years 1994-1998. The irony, of course, is that if I weren't planning on throwing most of the photos away, I wouldn't have spent the time looking through them.

Letting things go is getting easier and easier.

I kept about twenty percent of the pictures, enough to remember the big events and fun times. I also set aside another twenty percent or so to give to some of the other people in the shots. I hope those folks have the good sense to enjoy the pictures as they flip through them, and then to toss them away.

The rest were thrown into the recycle bin; I'll take them off to the dump tomorrow.

While I spent this evening looking back at the past, most of the rest of the day was occupied looking firmly into the future.

My other downsize of the day consisted of one thousand of our hard-earned dollars, sent in the form of a check to Colorado. At the risk of jinxing the situation, I'm happy to announce that Joanna and I have made a rather momentous decision. (Chase was in on it, too, although he doesn't really know it.)

The cool grand was a deposit on a home we are having built in Denver. If you can't find the perfect place, might as well have them create it from the ground up. If you'd like a tour, click here, then choose the Willow model.

We plan to make many fantastic memories in that house. Might even take a few pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new house decision. With the 3 of you there it will be a wonderful home.

    ReplyDelete