Friday, April 2, 2010

Losing streak

4/2/10 Little pile of junk, trashed

April is not starting well.

Yesterday I got stood up for my sheetrock downsize.

Today was even more frustrating. Just when I thought the Great Couch Downsize Quest (more on that in a future post) was coming to an end, it drags on. Needless to say, the couch is still in the guest room, and I was left to scramble for a late-day downsize.

Perhaps the result was pathetic. A few random things from the basement, thrown in the trash. I take two positives from this, however.

1) Although the basement remains totally jammed with stuff, I've really culled almost all of the total crap. There's a lot left to get rid of, but at least it's not junk so pathetic that it belongs in the landfill. The trash-flow out of the basement has slowed to a tiny drip.

2) While I didn't get rid of much tonight, I did spend over two hours down in the basement getting it further organized. That could only be good.

I do trust, however, that the rest of April will not follow this 0-2 pattern. The sheetrock and that couch will go this month, mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment