Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Leggo my Lego

4/21/10 Greatest Gifts Ever Given to Two Boys (Star Wars Legos, Yoda soap, Star Wars collectible metal trading cards, Star Wars t-shirt, bag of magical gemstones, and -- best of all -- Yoda encased in soap), given away

Closed my final evening in Denver by giving away a bag of goodies to Marc and Gianna's sons, Caleb and Sam. Like any properly-raised children, these boys have a deep appreciation for Star Wars. The fantastic things about involving kids in downsizing is that they get really excited about things that adults might just throw away.

(Okay, I admit it, I would never throw away ANYTHING related to Star Wars, but you get the point.)

Caleb and Sam did get excited. Indeed, I challenge anyone to show me a three-year-old as interested in soap as Sam was about that Yoda soap. And, long after they were supposed to be in bed, Caleb was still yelling from his bedroom that he couldn't find the Lego Darth Vader. Yes, it was a crisis.

Tomorrow, I jump on a plan and return to my Beautiful Bride and Brilliant Son in Maine. Ah, how I look forward to that reunion. The long-distance downsizing will be done for this trip, I leave Denver behind (for now), and it's back to life as usual.

As long as that life involves my wife and kid, that's great with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment