Friday, June 4, 2010

Crystal-clear coffee

6/4/10 Gallon of vinegar, given away

For reasons no more complex than A) I love coffee, and B) I love special routines, this year I instituted Coffee Thursday. Each Thursday I made a pot of coffee in the Reading Room outside of my office and offered some to any and all interested adults.

On some days I drank alone; other times the teachers pretty well drained it. (Sara and Steve were highly dependable, Sherry and Claudette grabbed some occasionally, and Jason rarely indulged, but always greeted the brewing pot with cries of, "Ah, special blend!")

After the dust cleared on the vacating and cleaning of our home, I was left with an unopened gallon of vinegar. Today, I took it into school and used a fair amount to clean the Reading Room coffee maker. That didn't use it all up, so next week I'll make the rounds of the school, offering up my vinegar and cleaning services to all other java brewers in the building.

One more Coffee Thursday left in my Guy E. Rowe Elementary School career. With that clean pot, I bet the special blend will taste pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment