Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Great eBay Fire Sale, Part I



6/10/10 Snowflake ornament, sold on eBay for $17.17; Christmas napkin rings, sold on eBay for $5.75

Oh, it's on now.

I began the week with twenty different items up on eBay. It's part of my last-ditch scramble to get rid of a few items of value before I need to pack all of my worldly possessions into my Subaru (a.k.a. the Yoda Mobile).

Today, I mailed out the first two sales from the eBay barrage: a snowflake Christmas ornament and some Christmas napkin rings. I guess buyers on eBay are looking for a little yuletide cheer.

These are the kind of thing that I put up for auction without even knowing if anyone would want them. I figured I'd get something for the napkin rings, but the snowflake was a wild card. Turns out it was some sort of collector's item. How I came to own it is actually a bit of a mystery, but for seventeen bucks, I'm happy to pass it along to someone else.

Heck, for seventeen bucks, I'll downsize just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment