Friday, June 25, 2010

King of the POD people

6/25/10. Folder of relocation information, recycled

I finished packing the POD today, for the second time. This time, the items remaining in it are destined for storage until we move from this apartment into our new home. Fortunately, I can get access to the POD at any time, so if I get desperate for a downsize, I can just go to the storage facility, slide open the door, and haul out something to trash.

Which really shouldn't be that hard of a task, since I must admit that there are a number of items remaining in it that I could live without.

For example, as I arranged boxes and bins in the POD today, I noticed a Yoda folder inside one of the boxes. I recognized the folder as one that I used last summer when I first visited Denver. It had various pamphlets, maps, and brochures about Denver and, specifically, the Stapleton neighborhood.

A year later, I find myself living in Stapleton.

The die has been cast, and that folder of info is redundant at this point.

Fortunately, the ninety degree heat didn't cloud my judgment enough to prevent me from pulling that folder out and tossing it into the recycle bin before packing the box into its precise, keystone position within the POD.

The POD is packed, locked, and scheduled for pick-up tomorrow.

There's also a beer fest in Stapleton tomorrow. Without that folder of information, I sure hope I can find my way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment