Saturday, June 19, 2010

Babes in Downsize Land

6/19/10 Original cheese platter, given away

In the middle of all of this downsizing, it's great to celebrate significant upsizes that brighten our lives. Back on January 15, Chase entered my life, and it was my best acquisition in memory. Then, on June 1, my great friends Jason and Jenny welcomed their second daughter, Aviva Tess, into the world.

Given that my current trip from Maine to Denver pales in comparison to Jason and Jenny's new journey, I figured it would be appropriate to tie the two together via a downsize.

As documented in earlier posts, several years ago I asked my mother to make special cheese plates for my best friends. Mom had been using her kiln to slump wine bottles as gifts, so I picked out a few used bottles (hey, I save more than just corks) and commissioned her to turn them into art.

Predictably, like so many things in a hoarder's house, those cheese trays ended up in my basement as dust collectors.

Ah, yet another reason to downsize. It motivates one to do things that should have been done long ago.

I gave Tray #1 to Marc and Gianna on my April trip to Denver. I handed off Tray #2 to Chris & Juliane when they came to Maine to save my butt during the house pack-up.

(Full disclosure: I am not sure that I actually downsized the second cheese tray to Chris & Juliane. I can't find any documentation on the blog about it. If I didn't, I expect to hear about it any second...)

I popped Tray #3 in the mail to Jason, Jenny, Bella, and Aviva this morning from my grandmother's house in Ohio.

To increase the baby-t0-baby good karma, I had Chase play with it first. He agreed that it would work perfectly with some wheat crackers and a fine brie.

Congrats J & J, on one of the best upsizes any couple could make.

2 comments:

  1. Obiwan and Joie confirm receipt of said cheese platter and have already put it to good use; thank you, again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it too (but don't tell chase that we are placing it on our stove as a spoon holder thingamagig- it helps to keep our stove clean, looks great and we get to look at it every day) Myabe one day some fine cheese will rest on its surface but until then its tomato sauced dipped spoons.
    we miss and love you all. glad you made it safe and sound to CO.
    Let's talk soon.
    -jason

    ReplyDelete