Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bouncy books

6/9/10 Bouncy chair and a whole bunch of books, given away.

My wife and child have left me.

But it's all part of the plan.

Joanna and Chase drove to Connecticut today to spend time with the maternal grandparents before we depart for Colorado. My job is to tie up all the loose ends in Maine, which includes downsizing a whole mess of stuff that didn't make it into the POD and can't fit into our cars for the cross-country trek.

Today, that meant ridding myself of Chase's bouncy chair, which he no longer fits in. It served us well (thanks, Amy!). My colleague Sara, second grade teacher extraordinaire and soon-to-be mother of her third son, said she could put the chair to active use. With three boys in the house, I'm sure she will.

I also cleaned out my remaining collection of children's books. As is well documented in these pages, whenever I put books up for grabs in the teachers' room, they disappear almost instantly.

Only three days left at school and five days remaining in the state. Five days without the Beautiful Bride and Brilliant Boy, with nothing to do (yeah, right!) but downsize.

I'm going to be busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment