Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bed Bugs

8/20/09 Two disgusting pillows, trashed

I have some kind of pillow disorder. We're twenty days into this challenge, and three of my downsizes have been about pillows. Weird. The great irony is that despite all of the pillows around here, I can't find one I like to sleep on. Any recommendations of the perfect pillow?

Today's pillows were definitely not craigslist material, nor could I just mail them off to someone. Would you put your head on the pillow pictured above? I think not.

Which again raises the question, why the heck was I holding onto that pillow? Or the other one that was just as gross? I have no good answer, other than it seems such a shame to just throw them out. But, that's what I shall do.

Speaking of gross bedding, the disposal of these pillow reminded me of an episode of This American Life. If you're not familiar with This American Life, let me describe it this way:

This American Life is the best broadcast media show in existence today.


Let me say that again:

This American Life is the best broadcast media show in existence today.

It airs in Maine on Maine Public Broadcasting Network (our National Public Radio stations) at 6pm on Sunday nights. I usually listen to the podcast, which I subscribe to. At any rate, if you've never listened, I implore you to get the heck off of my blog and head over to the TAL website, where you can stream any episode for free. (There's also a TV show that runs on Showtime, but I've never seen that. I bet it's awesome.)

If you're interested in the one about bedbugs, click here. Now get outta here and go check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment