Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Disposable professional attire, part 2

8/11/09 Complete outfit (shirt, pants, socks, underwear), donated to Goodwill (Well, not the underwear. Trust me, they wouldn't want it.)

It's day 2 at the Response to Intervention conference, which means I'm also on day 2 of disposable clothing. Shirt and pants may look acceptable in the above photo, but they definitely needed to go.

Yesterday's blog post generated a few comments on Facebook suggesting that it was somewhat irresponsible for me to throw away my disposable clothing. (By the way, if you're reading this on Facebook, you should really check out the real Downsizing Blog. I'd love comments left over there so my non-Facebook friends could see them.)

Rest assured, dear readers, that I do listen to you.

I am NOT willing to lug these worn out, dirty clothes back home in an effort to find a more environmental or socially conscious downsizing option. Everyone takes their clothes home with them after a business trip. It's so typical and predictable. The whole point of this challenge is to do things a little differently. Let me be clear: I AM DOWNSIZING THESE CLOTHES, AND THEY ARE NOT RETURNING HOME WITH ME!

However, as luck would have it, there is a Goodwill store across the street from our hotel. So, I commit to taking both yesterday and today's outfits over there before we leave tomorrow. All involved should pray that they'll wash the clothing well before they put it out for sale. I hope that is a compromise that you all can live with. I await your feedback...

2 comments:

  1. Where there's a [Good]will, there's a way. :o)
    p.s. I miss the like button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out the real blog, Cathy. It's still okay for you to tag the Facebook entries as "liked." I'll take positive feedback wherever I can find it!

    ReplyDelete