Sunday, August 23, 2009

Penned

8/23/09 A whole bunch of pens & pencils, donated to Joanna's classroom

I'm a pen snob.

When I have any control over it, I never use a traditional ball-point pen. My tool of choice is the uni-ball roller, micro-point. It's a thing of beauty: simple, functional, classy. It even has it's own web site. And, yet, I somehow accumulate all kinds of other pens that clutter up drawers and plastic cups from the basement to the bedroom.

School begins again tomorrow, and I insist on starting the year out right by having only proper pens at hand (yes, it was a pun).

I shall feel no guilt over downsizing all of these other pens (and a few ratty pencils) since they are going to a good cause. Joanna's taking them to her classroom, where they will be available for students who might need them. Apparently high school kids these days haven't developed refined tastes in writing implements. Give them time.

I have to admit, however, that I would have forsaken Joanna's students for the "Thaispinner" kids in Bangkok if I'd known their address. Check out their mad pen-spinning skills HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment