Sunday, August 30, 2009

Clubbing



8/20/09 Set of golf clubs, sold on Craigslist for $45

Dear Readers,

I come to you seeking advice. Here's the scenario:

Our friends, let's call them Frank and Betty, gave us a set of golf clubs as a donation to Joanna's high school. Joanna's teaching partner is the golf coach, and she had mentioned to Frank and Betty that he worked hard to recruit girls to play. Many of the girls had never played before and some had no clubs. So, on a visit to us a few years ago, they brought an old set of clubs that had belonged to Betty's mom, I believe.

However, it turned out that the school didn't need the clubs. Subsequently, they've sat in our basement ever since.

Today, I sold those clubs to a very friendly family from New Hampshire. Ironically, they bought the clubs for their teenage daughter, who is about to start playing golf for the first time on her high school team. Hit 'em long and straight!

So, now I've got $45 sitting in an envelope on my desk.

Now, Dear Readers, feel free to jump all over me for selling the clubs. Whether or not that was the right thing to do is open for discussion. However, that is not the advice I come to you seeking.

My question is, what should I do with the $45?

I await your instructions...

Editor's Note: the video above was filmed and edited by my friend Vance, who passed away last year. He wanted to test out the super-slow-motion setting on his video camera, so I did some modeling after we played a round (using my clubs, not the ones I sold today). Later that night, I got an email from him telling me that I was now on Youtube. Thanks for the 15 seconds of fame, Vance. You're missed.

1 comment: