Sunday, August 16, 2009

Give to Libraries!

8/16/09 Two DVDs, donated to Casco Public Library

I love my local library. I hope you love yours.

The Casco Public Library (check out the website here) is truly the social and cultural center of our town. It is a beautiful gem, and is illustrative of how important public institutions are to our country.

Remember those two DVDs that Bull Moose Music wouldn't buy from me? Our trusty librarians, Carolyn and Wes, did not hesitate when I offered the movies to them. The best part, of course, is that I've downsized those flicks, but I can still watch them whenever I want. The library has a fantastic movie collection, which means Joanna and I have given up Blockbuster in favor of free library films. In all honesty, we've probably rented a half-dozen movies in the last two years, since almost everything we want to see we can get from the library.

I hope you give more than DVDs to your local library. Indeed, in times of economic hardship, library usage goes way up, so they certainly need your support now more than ever.

Or, if you feel so inclined, send a donation to:
Casco Public Library
P.O. Box 420
Casco
, ME 04015

All contributions are tax-deductible, of course, and, as a Trustee, I'd be happy to personally write you a thank-you note!

No comments:

Post a Comment