Monday, August 10, 2009

Disposable professional attire, part 1

8/10/09 Complete outfit (shirt, pants, sock, and, yes, underwear), trashed

Hate to do laundry? Tired of lugging a hamper-full of dirty clothes down to the basement or, worse yet, to the laundromat? Feeling guilty about your ever expanding carbon footprint from all the electricity of washing? When you take a trip, does your back strain under the weight of your suitcase?

I have a solution.

After wearing your clothes for the day, simply trash them.

I'm on the road in Orono, ME, for the next few days at an education conference. Today's outfit? It's now in a pile in the corner of my hotel room. That lovely yellow shirt and blue pants (call it my Catholic school-boy look) shall not be going back into my suitcase for the trip back home. Disposable clothing. Trust me, it could become a trend.

Update: In response to comments from my caring readers, the clothing mentioned above was fished out of the trash and shall be donated to Goodwill (see post on 8/11 for additional details).

No comments:

Post a Comment