Monday, August 24, 2009

Re-Penned

8/24/09 More pens, some discarded, others donated to Teachers' Room at Guy E. Rowe Elementary School.

Today was the first day of school for teachers, so my downsizing time was severely restricted. Guess I better get used to it, since the downsizing challenge continues even when I must - gasp! - start working for a living.

Yesterday's pen purge was so thoroughly satisfying that I decided to kick of the 2009-2010 school year with a similar cleansing of my office at school. I didn't have as many unacceptable writing implements there, but it still felt good to get them cleaned out.

Now, I do not need to break stride for even a moment as I teach young minds to read and write. My instruction can continue on it's focused course as I reach for any pen within grasping distance, knowing they are all of the highest quality.

I will certainly point this great improvement out to all of my students, and they will doubtlessly sleep much better at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment