Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Disposable (not so) professional attire, part 3

8/12/09 AmeriCorps t-shirt & Celtics shorts, trashed

Does the Bangor Goodwill store really add 300 items every hour? Seems rather hyperbolic. I can only say for certain that today I added six items to their inventory. Took an early morning run before the third and final day of my conference and carried my last two days worth of clothing over to the store to donate.

The run helped me liberate two more items of clothing: a t-shirt and shorts that had seen their last days. Both were over 15 years old and ready for retirement. They definitely weren't Goodwill material, worn out and unwearable. They went out in a blaze of glory, soaking up my sweat on a final, noble run before settling into their resting place, the hotel garbage.

Let us celebrate the last sweat-stain that shirt shall ever absorb:

No comments:

Post a Comment