Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby shower (and tub)

2/10/10 Basket full of baby items, given away

How's this for quick turn around: My son is less than four weeks old and I'm already downsizing baby items. Better hide your favorite stuff, kid, cause I'm coming to get it.

One of Joanna's colleagues, in addition to being a teacher, is also a plumber. She came over a few years ago when I got seriously over my head in the do-it-yourself bathroom remodel project, rescuing me in my failed attempt to install a new bathtub. She sacrificed her entire Saturday giving us back the ability to bathe and shower in our own home.

Anyone who visits our house for the first time quickly hears how I redid both bathrooms "on my own." The story of Michelle's role in the tub installation gets buried in my retelling. Sorry, Michelle.

But, as a small token of thanks as well as a well-wish to someone else who is about to become a parent for the first time, Joanna drove a basket of stuff over to Michelle's today. She's due later in the spring, giving her plenty of time to read the handy birth books and practice with those excess diapers we downsized to her.

We even threw in an extra jar of soothing bath soak, so Michelle can relax in her tub both before and after the baby arrives.

Of course, she's always welcome to use our tub, too, since without her we'd still be doing sponge baths in front of the kitchen sink. That's fine for babies, but no good for us new parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment