Friday, February 12, 2010

Sense of deja vu; sense of deja vu

2/12/10 Three pairs of old cross country skis, given away

Happy Birthday, Jason!

How's this for a strange coincidence?

Yesterday, a good friend of mine, named Jason M., celebrated this birthday. He's one of the few men I've ever worked with in primary education, a field dominated by women. He's a dedicated and analytical teacher, a fine outdoorsman, and the father of an adoring daughter.

Today, a good friend of mine, named Jason M., celebrated this birthday. He's one of the few men I've ever worked with in primary education, a field dominated by women. He's a dedicated and analytical teacher, a fine outdoorsman, and the father of an adoring daughter.

Yep, two different guys who share much in common beyond the same name and who were born 24 hours apart. Plus, they're both great guys.

Yesterday, as you may have read, to celebrate Jason Martin's birthday I sent him a funny book.

Today, to mark Jason Manjourides' birthday, I handed off three pairs of cross country skis. The skis aren't actually for Jason, but for his friend, who just opened a restaurant. I have not yet had the chance to visit The Foothills Grille in Bethel, Maine, but Jason assures me that the food is excellent. The owner is a friend of his, and he's interested in the skis as a possible decoration.

I, of course, am hopeful that this might be my first downsize that ends up on the wall of a local business. That would be cool.

In fact, once the skis are properly displayed, I should offer to take Jason and Jason there for a birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment