Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Can I mix you a Rusty Nail?

12/9/09 Large pickle jar full of rusty nails & bolts, trashed (Or does it count as recycled? -- The dump does something with these, right?)

This is the sort of downsize most people won't appreciate. As I look at that jar full of bent, rusty hardware, I can understand why some might say it's rather pathetic to hold onto such things. Others will argue that it doesn't even count as a legitimate downsize.

But, you must appreciate that it's in my genes to not only hold onto items such as these, but to always be on the lookout for opportunities to use them.

Now that they are gone, there will be times in the future when I'll say to myself, "Oh, if I only had that slightly bent nine-inch bolt!"

The other thing I should mention is that pain of parting with this jar full of rusty bolts is dulled a bit by the fact that I still have another such jar out in the shed.

Hey, you can't expect me to become a changed man overnight.

Editor's Note, 12/20/09: Finally made it to the dump today with the nails. In the end, I downsized 20 pounds of metal. Heavy metal is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment