Sunday, December 13, 2009

In check

12/13/09 Check for Red Sox/Yankees tickets, cut up & recycled

A while ago I found a check written back in August. It was from my friend (and future Red Sox Nation President) Jenn, reimbursing me for the Red Sox/Yankee tickets I bought for her. Since she had already taken me to a game earlier in the year (a great victory over Baltimore), I hadn't expected her to pay me for the Yankee tickets (especially since the BoSox ended up getting crushed), and I put the check aside after the game.

By the way, here's the post about that game, which was a blast despite the score.

When I found Jenn's check in my desk, I realized I needed to do something with it. I will admit that, with Christmas upon us, I was tempted to cash it. However, my inner Who trumped my inner Grinch, and tonight I destroyed the check, instead.

Besides, the timing makes sense. Tickets for next season went on sale yesterday, so all of New England is already starting to think that this just could be the year! Plus, Jenn has been laid up with a bad back, so she needs all the Holiday Cheer she can get.

Merry Christmas, Jenn. Don't say I never get you anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment