Sunday, December 27, 2009

What's in your wallet?



12/27/09 Bunch of stuff in my wallet, trashed

Had to get a bit creative today, since we are still at Meyrick and Donna's rented place at Pineland Farms.

A lack of planning left me here with three downsizing sources:

1) Joanna's car. There's definitely some stuff in there that could go, but it's been raining like crazy all day, so I ruled that out.

2) My clothes. This would be drastic, since I only packed basic necessities. Whatever I tossed would be from my usual rotation, and I'm not feeling that desperate.

3) My wallet. It felt like I was carrying around the Oxford English Dictionary in my back pocket. Bingo!

It turned out to be a speedy process, since I deferred any difficult decisions.

The hardest item to toss was my ticket from the Maine Red Claws inaugural home game. Since this was the first home contest ever from our new NBA Developmental League team, the collector in me felt a pang of regret as I threw it away, but I fought through it.

And now I can put the wallet back in my pants without fear of throwing myself off balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment