Monday, December 14, 2009

Tape-delay

12/14/09 Pair of Tevas and pair of flip flops, trashed

Duct tape is a marvelous thing. It extended this right Teva by at least two years and could probably keep it going for several more.

If I weren't now in the habit of throwing away perfectly good stuff.

I also tossed a cheap pair of flip flops, which I got for free and probably wore about a dozen times. Easy come, easy go.

I now have less summer footwear, which shouldn't impact my life very much. I was out at 6AM this morning shoveling snow, so these weren't going to be called into service anytime soon. I guess when summer rolls around, I'll just go barefoot.

If that doesn't work, I could always cover my feet in duct tape.

2 comments:

  1. I've been hanging on to a pair of flip flops that I've never worn and got for free for three years - so long that the elastic that holds them on to my feet has rotted - because I didn't want to contribute to the pool of plastic waste circulating the oceans. So now they just circulate from place to place in my house, instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that adding to the giant continent of floating plastic is no solution, but I just couldn't stand to trip over mine any more (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete